Boots , any chance?

Thanks Received
Hi Guys,
Any thoughts on these boots?
Interesting on the sole detail with all that metal work, not to mention the eyelets and upper hooks.
I dont believe the laces are period but post war.
Would love to hear back if period and if used by HJ.
Thank you
James

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

Official Hitler Youth (including females) footwear was marked with the RZM stamp from 1936. That said, we know that they wore many different types of non-RZM shoes/boots so all that can be said about your boots is that if they are from the period then they might have been worn by a boy/adult in the Hitler Youth. If you can see a maker anywhere inside the boots that would at least allow you to research the company to see whether they were around in 1933-45.

Thanks Garry,
Will have a closer look over the weekend.
James

Hello James,
No problem with your boots. It should be remembered that most of the footwear worn by Hitler Youth escaped the control of the state because it could not control everything to the chagrin of its leaders.
Best Regards
Eric

Hello
Hello James,
No problem with your boots. It should be remembered that most of the footwear worn by Hitler Youth escaped the control of the state because it could not control everything to the chagrin of its leaders.
Best Regards

Hello Eric,
I tend to agree with what your saying with a variety of footwear at the time being suited and supplied.
This particular type interest me to know more with all the extra effort in the metal work on the sole.
Its now the 3rd type I've seen exactly the same in detail and classified as early post war 1930's up to 1940.
It makes you wonder why all that metal work but when you see photos of activities and hiking it sort of makes sense why these are like that. Where else could they have been used?
If they had the RZM like Garry has stated there would be no doubt but supply and demand issues would have seen opportunities for many makers to help out with providing support with footwear.
Just my take on things.
James

Hi Guys,
Any thoughts on these boots?
Interesting on the sole detail with all that metal work, not to mention the eyelets and upper hooks.
I dont believe the laces are period but post war.
Would love to hear back if period and if used by HJ.
Thank you
James

looks really nice, any other markings on the inside?

Back