Bund Deutscher Mädel Badge?

Thanks Received
Would anyone have a clue what this was? It`s a badge die and not for a tinnie.
Second image is mirrored.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Could it be a prototype BDM badge?
I say this because I think it comes from Hoffstätter, and we know that Hoffstätter were the first and only makers in the beginning of the diamond HJ badge (April 1933 directive)
We also know that Hoffstätter designed the first HJ gold badge, with Alte Garde on it, and Hitler rejected it as he wanted to keep Alte Garde only for his NSDAP boys.
So could this be an attempt at a BDM/HJ badge?
The die shape tells us it is not for a tinnie, but for a straight up metal badge like the Hj insignia. Same size too.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hello Jo,

I have read once, but do not know anymore in what source, that the diamond in first instance not even was meant for boys, but girls.
In a planned book, which never will be released, I wrote it like this:

The in 1931 introduced HJ-Raute was in first instance not allowed to be worn with any male headdress at all, but specifically meant
to be worn by BDM (and JM), and shortly thereafter also by DJ, as the official Jungvolk-insignia.
This plan was apparently not carried out. Since Septem­ber 8, 1933 this diamond, now phrased as the neues HJ-Abzei­chen (new HJ insignia),
was allo­wed to be worn by all boys with their visored cap. It is quite signi­fi­cant this dia­mond, intended for girls in first instance, was never
worn by girls or female leaders upon the beret or the female leaders head­dress.

I did not make a note from which source it came, but maybe the badge you show should could be the one! I wrote the above text is more
then 20 years ago!

Wow that`s interesting, cheers Wim.
I got a grouping of about 15 dies earlier this year.
All have been examined under the scope to see how they were tooled, and just to have a general look at the quality, or lack of.
And there is no cause to think that any die is modern, or a copy, and about 50% of the dies look like they come from Hoffstätter.

At the moment I am too busy to have a look where I have read it, as I am working
with two subjects right now.
If I am done with them (expected early to mid-2021) then I will start for a look.
HJ was not a subject for me since the releasing of the handbook in 2009.

Hello Jo,

I have read once, but do not know anymore in what source, that the diamond in first instance not even was meant for boys, but girls.
In a planned book, which never will be released, I wrote it like this:

The in 1931 introduced HJ-Raute was in first instance not allowed to be worn with any male headdress at all, but specifically meant
to be worn by BDM (and JM), and shortly thereafter also by DJ, as the official Jungvolk-insignia.
This plan was apparently not carried out. Since Septem­ber 8, 1933 this diamond, now phrased as the neues HJ-Abzei­chen (new HJ insignia),
was allo­wed to be worn by all boys with their visored cap. It is quite signi­fi­cant this dia­mond, intended for girls in first instance, was never
worn by girls or female leaders upon the beret or the female leaders head­dress.

I did not make a note from which source it came, but maybe the badge you show should could be the one! I wrote the above text is more
then 20 years ago!

Hi Wim,

I remember asking you about the origins of the diamond-shaped membership badge back in 2009. In your reply you mentioned the info about girls being the only ones allowed to wear it and also quoted a source: Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP dated December 31, 1931. Is that perhaps the one you mean?

Yes correct, the Arbeiter-Jugend was Otto Baudermann and the HJ diamond Ferdinand Hoffstätter

Attachments

What I know for sure is the fact that girls in Austria did wear a nickled badge with their headdress.
It consisted of a circle with a horizontal swastika (Mädchen-Mützenkokarde). It is mentioned in
price-list (A) from the Zeugmeisterei Österreich (Wien) in March 1933. In price-list B, which came
shortly thereafter the HJ-Abzeichen was in the list for girls. The circle was not included anymore!

Back