Can anyone identify these boys? Bündische Jugend?

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
The boy on the right is wearing a badge which seems familiar but I can't place it and I'd love to be able to identify the organisation to which these boys belonged, if any.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
They used to kill those people who delivered bad news ...

Sorry Garry, I can't spot the badge. Could you show a detail?
At the moment I don't think these boys are from any youth movement. The Fahrtenmesser on the right boy is not enough proof, I am afraid. The chain of a pocket watch on the older one's shorts is untypical for the youth movement. I can not say for sure if the boy in the middle has one also, or whether it is just a lace - with maybe a whistle attached to it in his pocket. Suspenders were not well regarded in the bündische Jugend. I actually don't remember having seen any on the photos. And since all three of them wear these suspenders I would considere this to be just a bike trip of three boys, nothing more. Maybe it is just a hike, and the bike belongs to the person taking the photo? Sorry for the bad news.
:crying:

Thanks Christian. The photo doesn't have sufficient quality to get in close on the badge unfortunately. Definitely not bad news though. This will have been a 1 Euro photo at most :)

would be nice to see those buckles. I have no doubt they are from one of the various youth movements prior to the HJ. The fact two are wearing watch chains would signify leaders of some sort IMO

:canada1

Back