DJ Badge Opinions, Please

Thanks Received
What do you think of this? Early, pre RZM?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Thanks,

Richard

Admin Edit (2021). Another DJ from this maker:

Attachments

It looks good so far. A shot of the front with better lighting would be nice to see.

Here's a little better shot of the front, the front is much darker than the back.

Attachments

This is a very interesting badge simply because this maker mark also exist on early party badges. And it is very rare!
I'll showed it to a friend of mine and I'm curious what he has to say.

Regards, Wim

This is a very interesting badge simply because this maker mark also exist on early party badges. And it is very rare!
I'll showed it to a friend of mine and I'm curious what he has to say.

Regards, Wim

Wim,

I would be very interested on hearing what your friend has to say about it, sadly I sold it on the 20th.

Richard

Here is one of these badges pinned to a Jungvolk cap

Attachments

Then there is again an old thread that gets new life.

I noticed that Gerry has added a new picture from 2021 in post 1, and I recognized the dealer with "the blue spots", so I hurried to order it, and it came with the post today. Thanks for that Gerry :clap2:

Here are some better pictures of the badge:

I've been trying to find out who is behind this logo, so I've reviewed my entire RZM M1 list, and there's only ONE that matches the letters O S, and that's Otto Schickle, Pforzheim (RZM M1 / 75).

I then tried to google Otto Schickle, and found this at eMedals:

TEXT: A NSDAP Party Member’s Lapel Badge by Otto Schickle of Pforzheim

A fine NSDAP “Parteiabzeichen”; in silvered tombac and black white, and pebbled red enamels; the obverse with a black mobile swastika (Hakenkreuz) in the centre within a bed of white enamels, with a red enameled edge inscribed “Nationalsozialistische DAP”; the reverse plain, with a horizontal pinback (slightly fragile); maker marked with the stylized logo of “Otto Schickle of Pforzheim” and “Ges. Gesch.” on the reverse; measuring 23.71 mm in diameter; weighing 4.7 grams; better than fine condition

So he thinks it's Otto Schickle.

To me it sounds likely, but I can not find real evidence that it IS Otto Schickle.

Are there other members of the forum who can help move forward ??

Michael:denmark

Attachments

Hi Michael,

here is the link to the Schickle logo, at least as it looked in 1940.

source

Attachments

Hi Jack
Thanks for your input.:good:

I saw that logo well when I surfed the internet. With a little good will, you can choose to see it as a "modern" 1940 version of the logo on my DJ badge, which is an early one. Both logos have the 2 letters lying on top of each other.

BUT I am still at the level "I assume" and not with actual documentation. It would be nice to have a badge with both the logo and the RZM code - THAT would be documentation.

I have found a pic of another Party badge with the O S logo owned by an italien collector, and he assumed also that it was Otto Schickle, but again without documentation.

Other informations ?? all are welcome.

Michael :denmark

Back