DJ Fähnleinfahne 7/113 Freiburg for your opinions

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good evening all,

Please have a look at the photos of this DJ fahne, and give your opinion's, Thank you.
It has 5 x rings , missing x 2.
Size approx 117cm x 150cm

Best regards....Ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Based on the pics a nice Fähnlein flag Ewan. Are the remaining rings RZM-marked? Interestingly I have this number on my flag list but the source is a corner patch. Yours has a patch missing so I wonder if it belongs to your flag?

Hi Garry,

Yes, I noticed the 7/113 patch only on the forum flag list, how great would that be if it was the missing patch ?
Unfortunately I do not own the flag, I wish I could afford too. I will ask the owner if there is any RZM markings on the rings.
Do you think the flag it is a genuine item ?

Best regards....Ewan

Hi Garry,

Yes, I noticed the 7/113 patch only on the forum flag list, how great would that be if it was the missing patch ?
Unfortunately I do not own the flag, I wish I could afford too. I will ask the owner if there is any RZM markings on the rings.
Do you think the flag it is a genuine item ?

Best regards....Ewan
No RZM markings on the remaining RZM rings, is this a problem ? do the rings normally have RZM markings ?

Best regards....Ewan

Yes, they should have RZM markings like this one HERE. However, the rest of the flag looks good so quite why these unmarked rings are attached I don't know.

Good morning Garry,

Thanks for your reply, I like the flag as well, and would like it for my collection but the lack of RZM markings on any of the 5 rings still present makes me wonder. I need to find out more information. Maybe flag made prior to RZM markings coming into place ?

Best regards.....Ewan

Well, this is the post-1935 standardised flag type so it should have correctly marked rings. They could be period replacements from a non-RZM source or someone did indeed add them post-war but in the latter case, why only five and not all seven? Either way, the flag itself is the important part because of what it represented. None of the flags I owned previously had any rings and I quite liked the "ripped off the pole" look :)

Back