Fahnenübergabe Krems 1932

Carlyle

Thanks Received
I’m trying to locate one of these. Any suggestions??? Thanks

Please Register to view attachments.  Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Blue Group
Valued by the Forum
Thanks Received
Hi,
Yes, there is more information, because it says: Gau (on the sword hilt)-Fahnenübergabe/flag passing (not Fahrenheit). Krems. 1932
Krems means the town on the Donau/Danube, in Niederösterreich/Lower Austria, Gebiet 28. The number of the Bann is 525 (as of 1938).
There are two villages in Schleswig-Holstein of the same name as well as an even smaller place near Altötting, but they had only 100 and 200 inhabitants respectively and are highly unlikely to have been suitable for such a ceremony.
In Austria, the HJ appeared for the first time in 1931 and was then prohibited from 1933 to 1938, i.e. then operating illegally.

Carlyle

Thanks Received
Hi,
Yes, there is more information, because it says: Gau (on the sword hilt)-Fahnenübergabe/flag passing (not Fahrenheit). Krems. 1932
Krems means the town on the Donau/Danube, in Niederösterreich/Lower Austria, Gebiet 28. The number of the Bann is 525 (as of 1938).
There are two villages in Schleswig-Holstein of the same name as well as an even smaller place near Altötting, but they had only 100 and 200 inhabitants respectively and are highly unlikely to have been suitable for such a ceremony.
In Austria, the HJ appeared for the first time in 1931 and was then prohibited from 1933 to 1938, i.e. then operating illegally.
Wow! How do you know all this? You must do a lot of research. Thanks. I will include your Info to my files. I strive to learn as much as possible about my tinnies events and history.

Garry

.Moderator
Thanks Received
That tinnie used to belong to me :001_cool: I found it on Mil321 many years ago and have not seen one since. I sold it some years back to a forum member - Railhouse I think. He may still have it.

Carlyle

Thanks Received
That tinnie used to belong to me :001_cool: I found it on Mil321 many years ago and have not seen one since. I sold it some years back to a forum member - Railhouse I think. He may still have it.
Thank you for the info. It is a beautiful piece. I sure would like to own it. I will try to reach him.

bertl59

Valued by the Forum
Blue Group
Valued by the Forum
Thanks Received
an early piece with the first hj logo

WIDUKIND

Blue Group
Valued by the Forum
Thanks Received
Hello Garry,
I just learned that this Tinnie was in your old collection. What a pity you didn't keep it. I often salivate when I see this beautiful Tinnie, I only know of two collectors in the world who own it. Railhouse is the first, a second in the USA. A real beauty !

Best Regards
Eric

Last edited:

Garry

.Moderator
Thanks Received
Thanks Eric. Yes, I regret selling some of the things that I had but money was tight and sadly I had no choice but to let them go :(

Here are better pics of the tinnie from when I had it:

Attachments

WIDUKIND

Blue Group
Valued by the Forum
Thanks Received
Hi Garry,

Thank you for your reply and the additional photos. I understand very well the situation when you sold the most beautiful of your collection.
I don't want to drive the point home more but this Tinnie has a value of 350€ at the moment. Many collectors drool and salivate with early Tinnies.
This is my case and I'm not ashamed to say it.
The next time I see it, I'll be there of course.
I kept the early items and will show some things soon in the coming weeks.
A beautiful thing with the same Design on sale soon but not for me unfortunately.

Best Regards
Eric

Attachments

Collect100

Committed Member
Thanks Received
Hello everyone...here are pictures of my example. I purchased it about five years ago for $100 at Emedals. Before bidding on it, I came here to see a picture of Garry's tinnie. Mine appears to have a replaced pin with some solder. It was bright out when I took the photos. In hand, it is a dark bronze color like the examples previously posted.

Collect100

Attachments

Pimpf359

Blue Group
Valued by the Forum
Thanks Received
Really great badges. You really are something special.