Flieger HJ Summer Cap

Thanks Received
Occupied Texas (the other third world country)
I've been looking for a nice example of a Flieger HJ Sommermütze cap for quite awhile.

Well, I recently found a couple, both in minty unissued condition. The one I like has the RZM tag but is priced at $400.. :h

Can anybody tell me what the going prices are on these today? Maybe I should keep looking for one with some wear.

I always thought they were in the $250 range ..

The Euro/Dollar exchange rate is killing me!

All the best ..

Mike W.

Hello Mike,
as far as I can figure out, 400$ are approx. 280 euro. The price seems a little high.

If I remember correct, the last HJ flieger summer cap I have seen for sale, cost about 400$, it was in mint condition and had a stamp from one of the LW prepatory technical schools, and that alone would increase the price.

../henrik

Here are some images of the two caps. The smaller of the two has an rzm tag. Both are in unissued condition.

It is actually $388.71 plus shipping from Europe for the small one. Maybe that isn't too bad, they are kind of hard to come by ..

I agree with Henrik, a little high ..

Mike W.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Here's the rest of the images I have ..

What do you think?

All the best ..

Mike W.

Attachments

I paid $165 for one aprox 3 months ago , but it was missing the cloth Hj diamond .................not anymore !!!

Very old thread but seemed like a good place to add a little piece of info that might be of use to some. What is usually identified as a Flieger-HJ summer cap could obviously be one but it's worth noting that this exact same cap was also worn by doctors, chemists and dentists. That might be useful for anyone looking to put together a uniform or set representative of the HJ-affiliated medical personneI.

I see this info in a 1939 publication and will endeavour to find the order that introduced the cap for the medical professions.

Last edited:
No probs Bertrand. I forgot to add the source (RZM Preisliste 1939):

Attachments

Back