Golden Sports Badge A

Can you post the excerpt please? Would help to understand the context but I suspect he is talking about the HJ leader sports badge. Here is an example of the B (replacement) version: HJ Golden Sports Badge

He is talking about the HJ Golden Leaders Sport Badge. He mentions A,B and numbered ones. I never heard of an A badge.Just wondering.

Yep, definitely wrong. Even as late as 2010 Christopher Ailsby was still (unsurprisingly perhaps..) parroting this A and B nonsense in a book that he wrote. I may have mentioned it already on the forum but whoever started it may simply have misinterpreted the order that introduced the badge because in that order it is explained that the badge was to be awarded in two classes as follows:

Level A: 18-32 years old and having achieved at least 7500 points during the leader decathlon (Führerzehnkampf).
Level B: 33 years and older and having achieved at least 6500 points during the leader decathlon.

Both levels were awarded the same badge. These had an award serial number on the reverse or, of course, just a "B" if they were replacement badges.

Back