HJ Board collection

Thanks Received
Hello all
Haven't posted in a while.
Here is an updated shot of my shoulder board collection. Will happily post close ups of any pair that are of interest to anyone.
I also have this pair of shoulder boards that I did my own research on, If I made any errors, please let me know (always learning) :)

They are a pair of scharfuhrer boards from 1st August 1933 to 30th September 1938 when the black boards came into effect. The piping on the chain stitching (82) on the boards is yellow which would be correct for oberbann 2 Göttingen, Nord Neidersaschen. These boards have black piping round the edges which Indicates oberbann 5 which was only used in 5 districts. I have looked at all the oberbann 5 locations and none of them are close Göttingen so im sure this piping has no bann designation meaning. In 1934 it was announced that special units for the blind were to be created and they used black piping. Later on kids who were partially sighted were allowed to join. So with all that in mind, I believe these might be a pair of boards for a member from bann 82 who may of joined the blind bann. The bann 'blinde' later upgraded to a 'B' abbrevation (in a gothic lettering form) on the 31st may 1935. Bann 82 in yellow was first introduced on 1st August 1933 and the 'blinde' bann was first introduced in 1934, so from 1934 til 31st may 1935 this could of been a serious possibily of its unusual mix.

Thank you

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Back