HJ Kreissieger badge for review

Thanks Received
I am looking at buying this. Is it legit pre may or a fake. Also what do these go for today. Prices seem to have went up since I was buying TR items.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thanks, how bad does it hurt value? For me I don't mind collecting it but if I can buy it right what would be fair market value so I do not over pay. Thanks.

Dealer prices for a perfect piece are 375 Euro at the moment.

I would go way below that.

Its Stewarts and they are asking 275. I don't think its a horrible price for that.

Hi Edteach,

Wim is your man, when it comes to these badges. But from a personal point of view i would not buy that badge, other than the wear and tear it is missing enamel from the bottom of the HJ diamond. Do not buy it, Spend your money on a non damaged award, should you have to sell or swap it in the future you will get nothing near what you paid for it. Nobody wants broken damaged awards. There are plenty non damaged awards on the market, which will hold there prices. This is a beautiful award, buy the best you can.

Best regards.....Ewan

I have a 5 day inspection so I can send it back if I don't like it. But I will look at other badges not damaged while I am waiting for this one and may just put in the extra coin and get an undamaged one. I think you guys are spot on. Buy the best you can afford. Unless its dirt cheap that is a different story.

Ewan is right. It's not very smart to buy damaged badges, certainly when they are not rare and not can be linked to a certain person. For 100 Euro more you will find a pristine specimen.

This aside I'm still surprised how often common but extremely worn badges or damaged badges are bought on dealer websites. What's for God sake the meaning of this? What's the trill to have a damaged award? Especially if you don't know the owner of it? Because it saw action during the war? The stupid assumption of the has-been -there look? Someone simply dropped it to the floor at one point in its existense. The same goes for the supposed heavy worn combat badges. Who's gone tell if it indeed saw action at the front? It could be at the same time just a badge or award that lost his finish because it was stored in bad conditions the last 80 years. So farewell to the story of a real warhorse or batttle damaged specimen with tons of history!

Well done Edteach, a good move not buying that damaged badge. When you get a good one post photos on here so we can all admire it.
Yes, Wim what is it all about with people buying damaged/well worn awards. It is as you say the same old dealers stories, all bullxxit.
Talking of bullxxit I see Weitze is stlll selling the fantasy DJ knifes now at a great price of 1100 euros !!!!! has the man no shame.

Best regards....Ewan

Thoughts on this one. Thanks.

Attachments

Now you have to look for one of these lovely chocolate brown bronzed 1938 Brehmers! :w00t:

Attachments

Just as I was about to buy the one I posted above I saw this one from a collectors guild. It was priced high but I made an offer and it was accepted. So this one is bought and paid for waiting for shipment. Thanks.

Attachments

Fine Aurich with the typical sloppy soldering work, this time only on the hinge.

Regards, Wim

Thanks. It had a make an offer and they accecpted it. I made the offer given here for a undamaged example from a dealer. Thanks for all the help.

Back