HJ SPORTFEST 1935 BADGE Opinions Please ?

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good morning all from sunny Spain,

I have seen this HJ Sportfest 1935 badge by Karl Wurster Markneukircchen, but I cannot find any information on this badge or the event on the forum. Can anyone help with any information ?

Best regards.....Ewan :spain

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi there,

I am happy the badge is an original, but was surprised it was not discussed in anyway on this forum . I am more interested about the history behind the badge ie where the event/s were held ? is it an awarded badge ? if so for what ? are was it given as a day badge ?

If anyone has any answers can you please can you let me know? Thanks in advance.

Best regards....Ewan :spain

Ewan, same here, I've seen them for sale a couple times over the years but have never come across any information on them. The ones I have seen were advertised as tinnies. Hopefully someone on here has information about them.
Mike

Greetings from sunny Andalucía.
You ask a good question, Ewan. I would like to know whether HJ Sportsfests were held annually in only one location or in several places.

These sports festivals were definitely not held centrally, otherwise the inscription would be "Reichssportfest". Like that there was a HJ-Reichsportwettkampf since 1937 (known before as the Deutsches Jugendfest). I know from experience that they were always held in the same month at the same time in a city at different schools (this was still the case decades later), and at that time possibly also centrally in a Bann. The less specific inscription makes a variety of usage possible.

In any case, your photo is upside down, the arrow should point upwards, Ewan ;-).

Hi Jack,

Good hear from you. thanks for your information. I am still confused as to why this badge exists ? maybe it was made but never issued ? as you mention the HJ - Reichsportwettkampf was the Deutsches Jugendfest National event. So why would this badge ever be issued at a local Bann level and year dated ? very strange.
I found the picture of the badge on a sellers site. Does anybody have any more information on this badge ?? Thanks again.

Hi Jack,

Good hear from you. thanks for your information. I am still confused as to why this badge exists ? maybe it was made but never issued ? as you mention the HJ - Reichsportwettkampf was the Deutsches Jugendfest National event. So why would this badge ever be issued at a local Bann level and year dated ? very strange.
I found the picture of the badge on a sellers site. Does anybody have any more information on this badge ?? Thanks again.

Hello Ewan,

It is not a badge but a TINNIE.
it matches at a sports competition and the participants could buy it if they wanted, it was not compulsory.
It is in no way an awarded decoration.
Jack is right, the tip of the arrow is still up.

Best Regards
Eric

Hi Eric,

Thank you, between you and Jack you have both answered my questions, so just a nice tinnie purchased on the day, not an awarded decoration.
See photo of tinnie correct way up.

Attachments

Back