Ink stamps Hannover, Fähnlein/Gefolgschaft

Thanks Received
Hi,
can anyone say something to this stamps?
Maybe some informations to Fähnlein 58/74 and Gefolgschaft 74/194.

Greets Christian

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

The smaller ink stamps were known as "Prüferstempel" and were used by those personnel with the authority to assess the specific sections of achievement badge testing. Initially, there were "G" stamps for Geländesport (field exercises) testers, "L" for Leibesübungen (sport) and "S" for Schiessen (shooting).

The order (issued in June 1938) concerning these stamps states that they were to show the G, S or L followed by the serial number of the holder's authorisation. I have "Abnahmeberechtigung" certificates for a couple of boys in my collection and one from 1938 has the same numbering convention mentioned in the order but later versions of the certificate show a different convention which was Letter / Bann number / tester number. According to that convention, your number shows that the holder of the stamp was Geländesport tester number 194 within Bann 74. However....

One of the achievement books I have here contains stamps for tests carried out by a boy during his time at a KLV camp in Austria in 1941 and 1942. These stamps have the Bann number above the tester number whereas the stamps from his home Bann (251) have the Bann number at the bottom. His achievement book also contains a "W" stamp for the ideological section of achievement badge testing (Weltanschauliche Schulung) and a "K" stamp (alongside entries concerning sports). That last one is odd but he completed those parts of the test at a WEL so the "K" might stand for k-Schein. That will have to be confirmed though.

Differences, differences but the small stamp you show is definitely a Prüferstempel for Geländesport from either Bann 74 or Bann 194. I'll attempt to find orders from after June 1938 concerning these stamps which might explain the differences we see.

The 1938 regulation states that orders for stamps were to be sent by the Gebiet to the firm of Bonke u. Schnack of Berlin.

always interesting to see these stamps as they are widely reproduced, looking at the method of manufacture is always interesting on the period pieces. :canada1

Back