Is this a real Hitler Youth canteen (Feldflasche)?

Thanks Received
hello all, here i have a mint hj canteen, i was wondering if its real, it has no markings but it looks pretty good.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

it has no rzm tag and the only marking it has is shb on the buttons, is it original or have i been duped with a post war one?

I don't know what type of water bottle that is but it is similar to the HJ version. There were many types of bottle used by the youth but strictly speaking, there was of course an approved version which would have been RZM-marked. If you search the forum for the following terms you'll see other types:

Feldflasche
Water bottle
Canteen

I don't know what type of water bottle that is but it is similar to the HJ version. There were many types of bottle used by the youth but strictly speaking, there was of course an approved version which would have been RZM-marked. If you search the forum for the following terms you'll see other types:

Feldflasche
Water bottle
Canteen
alright, any idea on what the SHB marking it has stands for on the buttons? and do you believe this might be a post war version?

..do you believe this might be a post war version?

I don't know. All I can tell you about these is what I see in the period regulations and manufacturing instructions. The forum is very quiet at the moment but hopefully a member will see the thread who can assist further.

alright, any idea on what the SHB marking it has stands for on the buttons?

"SHB" is the maker and according to a note I have on my drive the initials stand for Schaeffer-Homberg, a company located in Barmen (a part of Wuppertal) that manufactured press studs and metal goods. The company has existed for 140 years. You can view their website here:

Link

Last edited:
I don't know. All I can tell you about these is what I see in the period regulations and manufacturing instructions. The forum is very quiet at the moment but hopefully a member will see the thread who can assist further.

"SHB" is the maker and according to a note I have on my drive the initials stand for Schaeffer-Homberg, a company located in Barmen (a part of Wuppertal) that manufactured press studs and metal goods. The company has existed for 140 years. You can view their website here:

Link
alright, i do hope a member will be able to assist me more as i am quite afraid that i got duped with a postwar model and i really am not in the mood for opening a return claim and all that, thank you for the help at least garry

You can compare to what extent these measurements from the regulations are fulfilled in your specimen:
For me, version 2 would come into consideration. The previous version is considerably heavier (between 260 and 290 g).
Bottle: 120 g, +10g, -6.5g
Felt cover: 30g, +/- 2.5g
Strapping: 35g, +/- 2.5g
Total: 185g, + 15g, - 11.5g.
Width of strap: 16 mm,
Neck strap: 12 mm,
Thickness: 2mm.
Fluted edge of the closure, 4 threads on the neck of the bottle.
BUT a marking on the bottle (on the neck) and on the closure with RZM M6/maker/year to be in compliance with regulations.

thanks for the reply jack, hopefully another member will able to help me out

Back