Marine HJ / Kriegsmarine

Thanks Received
Hello

Does anyone know?
If a Marine HJ passes all the exams, does he automatically become a Kriegsmarine Reservist?

Br

Hi,
Do you mean if they automatically became a Marine candidate? Reservists are only those who have already completed their period of service.
The working agreement between Marine and the HJ of February 1940 stated that "the Marine-HJ is to be regarded as the junior organisation for the Kriegsmarine, which is primarily appointed to provide the necessary replacements for the Kriegsmarine".
And this was already the case in the period before. But of course they also received further training in the navy.

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your reply, Yes, that's what I meant. Where can I find the text of this agreement?

Um, bad news, I'm afraid. To be found here:
Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt des Jugendführers des Deutschen Reichs 1., 1940, p. 39 ff; Reichsbefehl der Reichsjugendführung der
NSDAP., 30/K, 8.3.1940, and RB, 33/K, 2.4.1940 (Agreement between OKM and RJF on the Marine-HJ, 25.2.1940);

and quoted according to

Buddrus, Totale Erziehung, p. 192f., note 105.

These orders are not likely to be digitised (by the Federal Archives), perhaps Garry or Wim have something on this...?

This is what can be found for training in this order:

"The leaders of the MHJ units are usually young MHJ leaders who have not yet served in the navy.
They receive their nautical training at the Reichsseesportschulen of the Reichsjugendführung. The instructors are generally officers on, non-commissioned officers or crew ranks on leave of the Kriegsmarine who have not been called up for military service. Their task is to take over maritime sports training so that the leaders of the MHJ units can devote themselves primarily to general leadership tasks, ideological training and all other tasks which the RJF has taken on. Suitable instructors will be named to the RJF by the Oberkommando Kriegsmarine/High Command of the Navy".

Back