Motor-HJ Overseas Cap. What do you think?

Thanks Received
Motor-HJ Overseas Cap. What do you think?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It's not a motor-HJ summer cap but rather a standard summer cap for the HJ. The Motor-HJ patch has been put there incorrectly by someone as they were worn on the lower left sleeve.

Here is a correct Motor summercap

Michael :denmark

Attachments

I have see this one on a dealer from The netherland some month ago .
The Motor -Hj cap badge is smaller as a normal one and i have one like this but i don t know exactly for what it was used
I will take a photo as soon as possible to compare with the other .
bertl

It may be that the engine HJ, Flieger HJ caps came out later.
The insignia would not have to be Golden HJ Badge of honour because of the numbering and it has a yellow back.

Hi there,

If the cloth badge were not attached to the cap no one would even think about the Motor-HJ. It is a standard summer cap that has had something added at an unknown point in time. If done during the TR then this was an unofficial modification and very unlikely in my opinion as the patch for the Motor-HJ was worn on the sleeve as described by Crack above. The Motor-HJ cap had a pink cord as shown by Michael. These were discontinued in 1940 (stocks of this type were permitted to be sold until December) and replaced in Sept of that year by a black cap without the pink cord. This black cap was itself discontinued in 1943.

Fantastic GARRY ! You give me the answer to this mysterious cap ... i have it since a long time but found no explanation .

Attachments

No probs :thumb: We have discussed these before I think but information can get deeply buried after a while.

HJ-Motor stitching did not pass the burn test, it was someone who stitched after time to make it more beautiful.,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GARRY ,
i found today the old thread about the motor Hj cap

In a Gebiet Order (Gebiet Baden) from Aug 1940 there is a reference to Motor-HJ members adding NSKK rank insignia and the Motor-HJ qualification patch to their summer caps so although suspicion is always good when we see items today that look weird/incorrect we do have a precedent in this case. The practice was of course against regulations and it was banned by the Gebietsführer.

Back