needing a simple explanation of the HJ uniform

Thanks Received
hello friends! i am needing a simple explanation of the HJ uniform such as where the insignia was placed and the fabric and so on. is anyone able to provide me a explanation? doesn't have to be quick but at least a tad bit simple, thanks in advance!

Hello Volkund,

Perhaps there is someone here who will list the details for you, but normally you only need to look at a few old pictures of HJ uniforms and then you will see it. Do you have any specific plans?

Best regards Steve

Hello Volkund,

Perhaps there is someone here who will list the details for you, but normally you only need to look at a few old pictures of HJ uniforms and then you will see it. Do you have any specific plans?

Best regards Steve
hey steve! for me im trying to get a hj uniform reproduction built as I dont want to use an original for display or anything like that.

thanks for replying!

This is a large subject so it would be easier to give a period for the impression that you are planning like 1933-36 or whatever.

This is a large subject so it would be easier to give a period for the impression that you are planning like 1933-36 or whatever.
1937 would be the year, i believe the brown uniform items were changed to black in that year, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, the leather colour (belt, cross-strap) for HJ was changed from brown to black in 1937. The colour of HJ shorts went from brown to black in the same year.

A reproduction HJ uniform ensemble would be pretty hard to put together I would have thought. Not the technical details (what insignia goes where, which strap to which sleeve triangle etc as we can help with all of that) but rather sourcing all of the items. We have had discussions in the past about reenacting and reproduction items but my impression back then was that it would be extremely difficult to put together a complete HJ uniform using only modern copies. Is that still true today?

Yes, the leather colour (belt, cross-strap) for HJ was changed from brown to black in 1937. The colour of HJ shorts went from brown to black in the same year.

A reproduction HJ uniform ensemble would be pretty hard to put together I would have thought. Not the technical details (what insignia goes where, which strap to which sleeve triangle etc as we can help with all of that) but rather sourcing all of the items. We have had discussions in the past about reenacting and reproduction items but my impression back then was that it would be extremely difficult to put together a complete HJ uniform using only modern copies. Is that still true today?
I see it like Garry. It would be easier to put together a reproduction from 1938. But even there it will be difficult to find the right pieces that are similar to the original.

hi, thankfully it isnt and there are companies that make uniforms and such, now the only thing I need is where the insignia was placed and the stuff you also mentioned.

What do you want to attach? The armband, shoulder boards and arm triangle should be clear where to put it.

What do you want to attach? The armband, shoulder boards and arm triangle should be clear where to put it.
hi pimpf, sadly i cannot open the links you sent me. im wanting to attach all of the insignia of a hitlerjunge, aka the lowest rank if I'm not mistaken.

The links are to HJ-Wiki pages and appear automatically whenever the relevant synonyms are used. The first thing you need to do is to get hold of a pair of shoulder straps and find the matching sleeve triangle or vice versa. If this step is carried out incorrectly your uniform will be wrong from the start. The forum has the information that you need to get that step right (y) If you already have some straps or a triangle and you want to know how to match them correctly just let us know.

Back