Nice Fähnlein stamp and dedication Bann 171

Thanks Received
Hi got today the book Deutsches Soldatentum and as i opened it it had this nice stamp and dedication in it from my home Bann Mannheim. Well i was happy
Cheers Dirk

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice one Dirk. I've added that one to the list :thumb:

The book was published in 1940 which gives us an earliest year for the Fähnlein but do you know if it was reprinted?

If we are talking about the book Deutsches Soldatentum by Johannes Ullrich then we have reprints in 1941 and 1942.
But there are other books around called Deutsches Soldatetum by other authors.

Your region focused collecting continues to grow Dirk. I admire the dedication it takes to assemble so many items from one area.

Thanks Christian. You're right of course :) Dirk, would it be possible to see a picture of the book's front cover?

Of course Garry here you go! Thanks Darin Somehow my home bann is facinating so much and knowing so much from here it make megoing thru the area with different eyes. I hope more is out there to find.
Cheers Dirk

Attachments

As far as I know, this book by Karl Brüsch was first published in 1941 and had a second edition in 1942.
The second edition is by the way the rarer one, which does not happen very often with books.

I do also like your focusing on the Mannheim area, Dirk, a local collection is always something special.

Back