Thanks Received
Reichsseesportschule 1 "Gorch Fock" at Prieros by Königswusterhausen, south-east of Berlin in Gebiet 2 (Mark Brandenburg). The school was established in 1935. According to regulations from 21.9.1940, the courses for the Seesportprüfung A were only held at the Reichsseesportschulen I, II and IV. Seesportprüfung B and C were held at Reichsseesportschule III. When the Marine-HJ members were at the schools, they kept their gebiets triangle, but they were wearing the captally of the school.

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Marine-HJ leader and Marine-HJ member

Marine-HJ - Obergefolgschaftsführer - HJ-Leistungsabzeichen, shooting badge, tinnie, medal ribbon, shoulderboard with number.

Marine-HJ member - Triangle Mitte Thüringen, cloth HJ-badge, cap tally Reichsseesportschule 1.

Photo from spiegel.de

Attachments

It appears so. Wow a rare piece of H.J. headgear. I recently had the privilege of seeing some nice examples of M.H.J. headgear in hand when visiting John Robinson. He has a blue M.H.J. visor that is spectacular. The white must be exceedingly scarce!

Hi Gents,

not entirely sure, but I strongly suspect that the white top might have gone just on top of the blue one, which was permanently attached to the base. "stonemint" on WAF might know - he is a recognised expert for TR visors of all types and organisations.

Most (not all) RZM issued MHJ "Donald Duck" caps which I had in hand are at least fabricated like that.

At a glance I found two photos, which show white MHJ leader caps. Keep in mind that also the leaders had to have the white top on in the summer season (until when the regulations for the MHJ were changed). So MHJ leaders with white tops are not rarer than blue tops.

Rgds

Daniel

Attachments

Hi Daniel, long time no see :thumb:

Yes, as you say, the later Marine-HJ Führermütze came in two types: winter and summer with the only difference being that the summer version had the removable white cover.

Does anyone have the white cover to show here? I would like to see one them. I think it would be hard to find an example that still exists.

Here is that tally, from my collection. John

Attachments

Back