Some HJ- Führer Jacket

bertl59

Thanks Received
I found some beautiful jackets on the web, unfortunately they are not mine

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

and this one from an Oberbannführer with name .( Maybe a line of research for our detectives GARRY and Jack ?)

Attachments

Very nice jackets and of course they fit very well here in the forum. Maybe they'll turn up at a dealer or auction house at some point.

I can contribute the name which is not difficult - Hacker -, the detective work now has to be done by Garry :biggrin1:.

I don't have Hacker listed as the leader of a Bann at any point. He may have held a staff postion though so I'll have a look through my stuff.

Unfortunately there are also no hits in Buddrus, register of persons.

The only Hacker I have found with a connection to Gebiet 8 Niedersachsen is this chap:

Unteroffizier Walter Hacker. He was on active duty with the Wehrmacht in Nov/Dec 1941 and was awarded the Infanteriesturmabzeichen and wound badge in March 1942. In June 1942 he was in Res.-Lazarett Hotel Kurhaus, Bad Suderode, Ostharz. He was in regular contact with Gebiet 8 and was clearly a HJ member. He isn't mentioned in connection to a particular Bann so if this is the guy perhaps he did hold a post within the Gebietsstab. He isn't mentioned in the source after June 1942.

I checked HJ promotion lists for 1938 and 1939 but don't see anyone with the surname Hacker. I have a couple of other things to check and if I find anything more definite I'll post it here.

Back