Very Early HJ-Führer

Thanks Received
This photo was likely taken in late 1933. Neat to see him wearing two Traditions Badges, a Postdam Badge and a Prussian Navy Belt. Love to hear your comments!
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I thought it was interesting as this was a recorded leader of another member who had joined prior to 1933/Postdam (He was photographed with the Golden Hitler Youth Badge). Perhaps they weren't as strict with uniform regulations that early on? I have seen later photos of members with buckles other than the HJ (I think it was Police).

Wim: What would we expect to see on a leader this early?

Thanks guys for your input!

Attachments

In 1933 the guides also wore cords that indicated their rank. A HJ leader should already be wearing a cap, shoulder boards and cord at that time. At least wearing one of these should he wear as a guide.
The buckle shown in the last picture appears to be a police buckle.

Yes it is a police buckle. I think the cords were a bit later mid-1933 same time as the triangles?

This photo was likely taken in late 1933. Neat to see him wearing two Traditions Badges, a Postdam Badge and a Prussian Navy Belt. Love to hear your comments!
I’m new at this so here’s a dumb question. How can you identify the badges and belt by these photos? Even when I zoom in on the photos I still can not make them out.

Hi Carlyle , here is a poice buckle for you ! Please compare

Attachments

Thanks for the photo but my question is how can you see these items clearly enough in the photos to ID them. To me they look too fuzzy when I enlarge them.

Thanks for the photo but my question is how can you see these items clearly enough in the photos to ID them. To me they look too fuzzy when I enlarge them.
Hey Carlyle , you are right: Nobody can say that it is definitly a Police buckle but the Police buckle is the only similar buckle . And we all know that the HJ used a huge variety of sympathy buckles that are forgotten today . Unfortunately the quality of the old photo does not allow us to verify this buckle certainty.

Hey Carlyle , you are right: Nobody can say that it is definitly a Police buckle but the Police buckle is the only similar buckle . And we all know that the HJ used a huge variety of sympathy buckles that are forgotten today . Unfortunately the quality of the old photo does not allow us to verify this buckle certainty.
Thank you now I understand. I thought you had a way of viewing the photo that I wasn’t aware of. There are so many of them that aren’t clear enough to identify. I do everything I can to make out more details, brighter light, magnifier, etc. Thanks for your patience.

Back