Very rare HJ shoulder boards

Pimpf359

Thanks Received
Very rare shoulder boards that were probably never used properly or were only worn for a few months. Sports shirt badges are also known in this motif. Maybe there is more information about it or it can be linked to other topics here.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Fantastic... Where did find these (and the graphic showing these very early straps)? Is it the one that Wim showed many years ago? I can't remember exactly what that looked like.

Here is the sports patch that you mentioned by the way:

Unfortunately, I can't say whether the stars were added later.
Unfortunately these boards are not in my collection and I hope I can get better pictures and then I will post them.

The pips do not correspond to the usual arrangement in the HJ, but for example to that of the Reichswehr and later the Wehrmacht (Feldwebel and Hauptmann). Hard to say.

Yes, it's hard to say if these stars were worn like that. In the uniform book from 1933 you can also see a pair of boards as an example of this wearing method. Unfortunately, we don't have the documentation to say more about it. I'll get better pictures this weekend to see the back.

Attachments

The pips do not correspond to the usual arrangement in the HJ, but for example to that of the Reichswehr and later the Wehrmacht (Feldwebel and Hauptmann). Hard to say.
The posItion of the stars was as done at that time (1931-1932) , but my problem is the used material.
Remember the HJ units had a tradition wioth the army. This is obvious with the numbering of the later
Banne (zur Wahrung der Überlieferung der alten Armee wird anheimgestellt, die Nummern der früheren
Infanterie-Regimenter zu wählen
).

Last edited:
The posItion of the stars was as done at that time (1931-1932)
So would these straps be for a HJ Scharführer Wim? In your book (p185) you show an early Unterbannführer with the four pips arranged like this although the strap material seems to be much darker.

Back