new here question about HJ Bayonet?

Thanks Received
Hello,

I came across a couple pics of what looks like a boyonet. There is etching and a diamond shaped emblem on the pommel.
Any info about this or value of this item is much appreciated.
Thanks, Jake
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thank you for your response. I had seen that thread but none of those knives have the button for the bayonet release. I am trying to get more/better pics from the owner.
Regards, Jake

I have seen knives similar to these being attributed to Anton Wingen but to my knowledge there is no evidence to support this in terms of photos/period documentation. Also, even the early Wingen HJ knives had a diamond in the grip. The pommel engraving/blade etching is a different matter totally as you will have gathered from the thread posted by Michael. Dealers and militaria authors (by copying each other) have pushed these as "HJ honour knives" for decades but as with the so-called DJ knife there is absolutely no evidence to support this theory. The best that can be said is that the knife you show and others similar to it are just examples of manufacturers creating unauthorised things (pre-RZM) to make money. The worst that can be said is that they are outright fantasies.