1939 Reichssieger Badge in case - mint

B-RAD

Thanks Received
On Ratisbon's

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

To me the diamond looks too thick (like the ones on the reproduction pieces) also there are filing marks that have the finish applied over them & this is an elite award & should not have a sloppy obverse IMHO, there are a couple more things that I don't like about this one. It may be a repaired / refinished piece. As I said this is just my opinion & before spending 1800.00 - 2200.00 Euro on it I would look for an example without flaws. Wim what do you think?
Mike

Attachments

Last edited:
Yikes, the hammer price $3548.37 U.S. & with the house cut final price is $4329.01 + or - a few cents. IMHO at best this badge has been refinished or repaired. I thought it might go for around $2200.00 the final price was quite a surprise.
Mike

Attachments

Last edited:
Personally I have no problems with this Reichssieger. Looks fine. Prices of these buggers go up. One year back 3000 EUR was the most frequent seen price. Now some dealers ask already 3500. And they still sell in a blinck of an eye.

Regards, Wim

Personally I have no problems with this Reichssieger. Looks fine. Prices of these buggers go up. One year back 3000 EUR was the most frequent seen price. Now some dealers ask already 3500. And they still sell in a blinck of an eye.

Regards, Wim

Wim, I agree that it is an original piece but IMHO it has been re-worked due to the file marks on the cog wheel. As you said these are getting expensive...3500 & I would be tempted to part with one.
Mike