cleaned up K98

Thanks Received
i had some time off work yesterday & went for a shoot at the range,.when i got home i cleaned up my K98,gave it a good polish in & out.i dont think i have posted this on HJ-Research before,.it's a portugese contract K98K mauser 1941 all matching,.so here are some pics.its my only rifle at the moment.,i hope to fill my safe with 3 more rifles over the years to come.to complete my WW2 rifle collection,from USSR or Japan ,UK,USA.

1.Mosin nagant M/1938/44 or an Arisaka
2.Lee Enfield
3.M1 Grand

happy Holidays,
Si

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Looks like a nice shooter. I've always liked guns in the collection that can be taken out and fired. Gives you a real sense of what it must have been like trying to sustain fire with one of these things in a battle. My shoulder feels it after a dozen rounds. I can't imagine what it must have been like to fire one of these things in a hostile situation while being fired upon by an enemy.

oh definetly,.it is a great rifle,apart from the historical significance,& the genius of the Mauser brothers,& the bolt etc.its action is so smooth & it has alot of kick,.when i first started shooting this a few years back,.immediately i got alot more respect for anyone who has faced such fire power,& this is just a small arm,could you imagine facing a strafing Me109 or spitfire,.just awesome stuff.
thanks for your comment mate.

silas