Gausieger collection

Thanks Received
Hi everyone,

It's growing step by step; my collection of the RBWK. I added another 1938 Gausieger (far left) Interesting fact is that the silvered parts, especially the wreath, has a blue-like gleam or patina. In a matter of fact I don't think it's patina but rather a surface finish done in the factory. I shall try to make some clear pictures this weekend. I noticed this on other Gausiegers but not so much. If they are minty they have the typical smoky silver grey finish like visible on the 1939.

Regards, Wim

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thanks. Here the picture of the front. note the bleu colored finish in some area's. Some one a clue what it could be?

Attachments

Beautiful collection. Wish I could afford to get into these badges...

Ok guy's I took a close-up. Note the area around the two dots on top of the wreath. This looks like some kind of artificial finish but which?

Regards, Wim

Attachments

I found another RBWK related badge with this bleu-like finish on the silver… No one an idea what it could be?

Attachments

I found another RBWK related badge with this bleu-like finish on the silver… No one an idea what it could be?
I'm sorry, my mistake. I know the badge. I was only wondering what kind of treatment caused the bleu color on the silver. It looks a bit like a blued fire weapon or the blued panels on the extra costs dress Bayonets and sabers

A great collection. I always like these badges. My heart actually only beat for the fabric pieces, but I would still buy a Gausieger.

How rare are the boxes ?

Not easy at all to find the boxes but I've tended to avoid them due to the fact that no form of analysis has been carried out that would show the red boxes, for example, as being period. The only way to be sure about the boxes is to do what Jo suggested. Expensive but the onyl way