HJ Visor Cap with gold piping - opinions please

Wilhelm, why do you write here when all you wish is that your books be bought and Angolia and Johnson and others even if books can be overtaken by new research......
You should just be happy that he does post here, and elsewhere. N O N E of the names you have mentioned - and most other "athours" too - have ever, and will ever, post anything on a forum at all. I remember a debate I had with author Christopher Ailsby on this very forum about 7 years ago now, about HJ Ehrenzeichen in Gold. I PM`d him many times, asking him to explain "this or that", and his only response to me was, "You need to buy my latest book, everything is explained in that."

Of course that was a shock for me, because I knew his books and there was never anything explained in any of them, ever, only copied and pasted parts from his other friends, with his own twist at the end. Never any footnotes or anything else to help. So, I did just what he suggested, and bought his 2010 book that he advised me to.
Inside was? NOTHING, no sources, no footnotes, no explanations, no evidence, no information, no clarification. Just stupid images taken from other peoples collections and from the internet.

After I read it, I PM`d him again, asking him to explain things. He never wrote back, never posted anything again, never explained.
THAT, is someone who just sits back and wants to sell books.

Now what is better, a mix of writing detailed books and posting, or just someone who writes what he wants to, and will never post?
And what you are sugguesting you will do, amounts to "cutting off your nose to spite your face." Never a good idea, but of course up to each person to decide.
:001_smile:

I have said this in an early post: "I meant that PeterB was asking for information on a discussion forum and was arrogant told to go and buy books by a person who could easily answer the question. He made it sound like this forum is ****" That last point is what was important for me. I am sorry for any offence to you Mr Saris and believe me I do know how important Mr Saris is to this forum which I think is the best HJ forum.

I have said this in an early post: "I meant that PeterB was asking for information on a discussion forum and was arrogant told to go and buy books by a person who could easily answer the question. He made it sound like this forum is ****" That last point is what was important for me. I am sorry for any offence to you Mr Saris and believe me I do know how important Mr Saris is to this forum which I think is the best HJ forum.

Think first before you post an answer.
This is the best forum on behalf of the HJ-organization and as said
before: I do not care if my books are bought. Do not buy and you
surely will miss a lot of information and above all a lot of photographs!

And it is obvious you do not know me Trommeller (nicht im Geringsten).
I always or most often am a helping hand when questions are asked, but
the questioner PeterB should have done some "homework"!

Last edited:
With this amount of vitriol going around this entire post, I am now sorry I posted anything on this forum at all.

Can this thread be deleted in its entirety please.

The visor is now listed on SS BW militaria . The more I look at it the more I like it . I am not 100% sure yet as an in hands inspection is warranted .

The visor is now listed on SS BW militaria . The more I look at it the more I like it . I am not 100% sure yet as an in hands inspection is warranted .

Out of curiosity I went to that website and everything is either sold or reserved , if they removed those items there would only be blank pages... that being said there were some very nice items there at one time.
Mike