Reichssieger badge presentation box - Difference in push buttons

Thanks Received
Hi everyone,

Did anyone noticed the difference in the push buttons of the Reichssieger cases? I'm surpised that their are varieties in a case with such limited quantities produced?? The thin button without washer I find relative often but the one with a ticker botton with washer is the first time for me. :confused1:

Regards, Wim

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

All I know about Etui, is that they were not made by the badge maker, but made by makers who only made Etui. Also, there is a guy in the UK, called something like "Barry the box" forget exactly, who has been making repro Etui for all kinds of awards since Adam was a boy. Excellent copies!
There are period mentions in the UM about Etui, but only really touch on subjects like color and manufacturer, and don`t go into any details that would help a collector today.

I also know that the same problem is encountered with the recently surfaced versions of red boxes for the GPB.
We have eMedals selling one kind of red box for the GPB for supposedly $42`000, (with 2 badges) and Weitze offering a very different shaped case for the GPB for €11`000 (just for the box, no badges) Both claiming the boxes are real.

Nobody really seems to care enough to even look properly at Etui.
And from the perspective of what I do with exposing fakes using the microscope, I would not even know how to help anybody or what to look at.

I found, when I examined and exposed the fake 1933 NSDAP Mitgliedsbuch, that in order to expose it correctly as a fake, I needed to rip apart a good 1933 NSDAP Mitgliedsbuch, and rip apart the fake too, to correctly and conclusively expose the fake as a fake. I cannot see anyone ripping apart a box that is worth €`s.... just to see if it is fake or not.
From my point of view, this subject will never get looked into and just remain the way it is today. Either you believe the Etui is genuine, or you do not.

Good question Wim. These really do need looking into. More pics like the one I have attached (from the 1938 RBWK finals) are needed to be sure. The pic appears to show cases without that washer because if they had the washer I would think that the splodges where the catches are would be bigger. Difficult to say though and the pic doesn't of course exclude the catches with washer from being equally as authentic.

Attachments

I have searched around a bit on the net and it seems that the case with a pushbutton with washer pops up from time to time with a genuine Reichssieger in it. However the version with the thin push button is encountered the most. Both type of cases have the same border impressed lining in the top of the upper lid and the slanting inwards running edges on the bottom of the case (I hope you guy's can understand my English attempt to describe this :h)

Regards, Wim

MILI321 has lots of boxes under Awards-Replica, cheap too, and some have the extra round washer on the front.
Militaria321.com - Auction - LOGIN

Attachments

Wim, it is really quite easy - I think.
Whoever makes good replics today, or 50 years ago, did not make the originals. They copied them, sure, to get the right color, the more or less right "look", but they did not make them!
So, as I found on the fake 1933 Mitgliebsbuch, there are small differences, just really small details like how the corners are folded over, how much extra of the paper cover is tucked under the white covering etc.. many small differences that you only see once you take apart the fakes. Understand how they are put together.

After you have done this, you then have a very good idea what to look for when just holding another box. You will either immediately recognize a few points as the same you found on the fakes, oo something else that you noted when you took aprt the repros will become apparant.

So if you were really interested in this, then just buy a few repro boxes from MILI321, take them apart layer by layer, and make notes of what you find.
Then compare that to originals. Even buy a few cheap original boxes and slaughter them too, to see if you find any radical differences between the fakes and the modern.

There will, obviously be many small differences.
A small box for "whatever" is made by the same people who made the boxes for the Golden party badges, and all others, so there really is only one way that a period box is made back during the Third Reich, and no quality difference just because its a box for DKiG or a Frontflugspange. The same as there is not difference in manufacture of a Golden Party badge and a normal party badge. All made by the same makers using the same machines, and same methods.

Ok, here they are both. Now I need the luck and the money to fill it :w00t: I think the box is from a different manufacturer. It has the correct impressed rim on top of the upper lid and inwards slanting edges at the bottom part (not visible on these pictures). I found a few of this cases on the internet with badge inside however the version with thin push button without washer is more "common" as far as you can label such cases as common. :001_rolleyes:

Regards, Wim

Attachments