Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Help with HJ shirt with insignia

I got offered this shirt. I do not collect uniforms, so any help would be appreciated. I want to be sure that everything is corect on it.

thank you
    regards Rajko

Attached Images Attached Images

I am having trouble attaching the pics so if I can send somebody pics via email so they can do it for me.
    thank you
    regards Rajko

What probs are you having with pics Rajko? Check this thread for info. You may be trying to upload pics which are outside the size limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    What probs are you having with pics Rajko? Check this thread for info. You may be trying to upload pics which are outside the size limit.
    Yes, that is the problem. The only way that I know to make them smaller is the crop them. And that normaly did the trick on wehrmacht-awards.com.

I am going to try to make them smaller so I can post them here too.

Thank you

No probs Rajko. I'll resize them and will then upload to your first post above in the next 10 minutes

Okay, all pics are now up.

The straps are correct for the triangle which is good and the stitching and wear look to be consistent with the age. The armband has the narrow white band you often see on the earlier armbands so I personally like what I see. I'm no expert on shirts though so I will defer to a more experienced collector who will be able to say whether the insignia may have been put on this shirt post-war.

The shirt and the insignia are good , however the buttons are not RzM regulation pattern ...

Thank you Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    No probs Rajko. I'll resize them and will then upload to your first post above in the next 10 minutes

Okay, all pics are now up.

The straps are correct for the triangle which is good and the stitching and wear look to be consistent with the age. The armband has the narrow white band you often see on the earlier armbands so I personally like what I see. I'm no expert on shirts though so I will defer to a more experienced collector who will be able to say whether the insignia may have been put on this shirt post-war.

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    The shirt and the insignia are good , however the buttons are not RzM regulation pattern ...
    What would be this buttons used for? Are they period buttons?

These pattern of buttons were used mainly from the period 1929 to 1932 , After that there were guidelines to follow on insignia and uniform manfacture .
    After 1932 the buttons should have the HJ - DJ imprinted on them . But with all regulations , there is always the exception .

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    These pattern of buttons were used mainly from the period 1929 to 1932 , After that there were guidelines to follow on insignia and uniform manfacture .
    After 1932 the buttons should have the HJ - DJ imprinted on them . But with all regulations , there is always the exception .
    So that means that they could be original to he shirt. The story is that this shirt came from a lady, whose dad was in HJ. And it was bought about 4 years ago. The guy who bought it, is not a collector, so I do not think he would know where to get a buttons for this shirt. So now after all this information I am sure that this is unmessed shirt. Thank you guys for all your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast