Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, that's impossible to say of course and that's the problem with items like this because the boy who wore that stuff was just as able to swap insignia and buttons as the modern-day collectors and dealers. As long as the parts are original the history is still there in my opinion. As you say though, 'unmessed-with' is the ideal case :)

Please login to view user info
    Here is an example .

I was in the Boy Scouts in the USA from 1970 to 1974 .
    In 1972 , my parents moved to a different town and in the new town I joined a new Boy Scout troop ... now that I was in a new troop , I had to replace the old insignia wich included the name of the city and the the old troop numbers .
    Later when I got a little older , I out grew my Boy Scout shirt and gave the shirt to a younger newer member as the shirt no longer fit good .

Exactly

I recommended the original poster ask your opinion on this shirt Joe after he had asked me some questions on it at WAF. I figured you would have an idea if it looked okay or not, uniforms aren't my strong point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    I recommended the original poster ask your opinion on this shirt Joe after he had asked me some questions on it at WAF. I figured you would have an idea if it looked okay or not, uniforms aren't my strong point.
    Thank you. You helped me a lot with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Well, that's impossible to say of course and that's the problem with items like this because the boy who wore that stuff was just as able to swap insignia and buttons as the modern-day collectors and dealers. As long as the parts are original the history is still there in my opinion. As you say though, 'unmessed-with' is the ideal case :)
    I know that Garry, but being that everything else matches, I am willing to believe that the buttons were just not replaced. And when I decide to sell it I will have all of the information posted so everybody would know all the facts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12