RJF Picture

Jack

Thanks Received
Hi chaps,

do you have any idea who's on this official photo of the Reichsjugendführung?
The one on the left is Stabsführer Lauterbacher. The man on his right is probably a leader of a Gebiet (two lines on his Gebietsdreieck, not RJF). But the others ...? Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I can't help with names either at the mo but yes, great photo. Do you know where/when this was taken Jack?

Thank you Garry and kriegsmodell.
Unfortunately, there is no further information given (though before August 1940 - a conclusion you can draw because of Lauterbacher still being Stabsführer ...).
Just a stamp mark on the backside, and that's it.
It looks like a camp, but not for the common people, with those luxury tents and garden or camping furniture.

This is the full image:

Attachments

Nice. The chap second from right looks familiar. Hopefully some cross-references will show up at some point.

I hope so too, Garry. Seems to be more difficult than expected.

Here's another - private - photo, one level lower: Not one but two Gebietsführer at the main entrance of a Wartheland Gebietsführerschule/Leadership School.

Attachments

Jack, you write:

Unfortunately, there is no further information given (though before August 1940 - a conclusion you can draw because of Lauterbacher still being Stabsführer ...).

I can add:

We can see at HJ leaders dagger om the pic, therefore the pic must be from 1937 or later.

I don't know if it helps, but when we research, I think that everything matters. :yo:

Michael :denmark

Thanks Michael,
of course this helps. It restricts the time frame and thus the number of candidates.

I have about 15 candidates left, leaders of RJF Ämter and so on. But it's very difficult to find some comparison pictures of most of them.

If someone is interested in the names in the second picture, here they are: first one on the left is Hauptbannführer Oskar Bartsch, no. 4 Gebietsführer (Warthegau -January 1940, and then Gebietsinspekteur der RJF) Werner Kuhnt, no. 5 Gebietsführer Hans Schmitz (Kuhnt's successor in Warthegau). This private photo was taken at the main entrance of the beautiful Raczynski palace in Rogalin (renamed 1940-45: Eichenhain) which was used as Gebietsführerschule at that time. The picture is dated 12 June 1940.
I went several times there in the 90s - but without knowledge of the war history of that palace. The heavy wooden doors with the Raczynski coat of arms (in the background of the picture) are still there ...

Back