Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Hochlandlager 1935 Lenggries paper visitor's pass?

not sure how to explain this item??
    but kinda strange that the backside has a date for 1936?

Attached Images Attached Images

Oh how cool is that :) This could be the answer to something I read and mentioned in a debate on the Hochlandlager badges with serial numbers:

Let's talk about the Hochlandlager 1936 badge

Quote Originally Posted by Garry
    A book or pamphlet "Hochlandlager Wachvorschrift"1 was produced for guard personnel and those on such duties during the 1934 Hochlandlager. This mentions a badge that was produced by Gebiet 19 Hochland and given to visitors to the camp by gate personnel so that their arrival and time of leaving the area could be registered. The guard system was also mentioned in the book "Unser Hochlandlager
    I had assumed that these would be metal but yes, of course, paper makes more sense for a visitor pass so I think what you have there is a pass given to a visitor (not participant) to the Hochlandlager 1936. We can assume, I think, that the system was the same in 1934 and in the years following that. The pass is dated because it was only valid for that day and it has a serial number because this would have been entered into a register by the camp guard. The visitor would then perhaps hand back the pass (or be allowed to keep it) when he/she left the camp and the guard could then account for that particular visitor.

Where did you find it?

was this then re-issued for the 1936 meeting?

Yes, that is very odd and I have no idea why 1936 is on a 1935 camp item. Perhaps not enough were made for 1936 or perhaps, as you say, they decided to reuse the 1935 stock that was left over in order to save money. I don't know. I'm just excited to see something like this. So where did you find it?

Indeed Garry. I know we were talking about this a while ago. Certainly a two-part "ticket" used, bzw. ripped in half.

is this not complete?
    i got this from Mar Historical for $35 i think it was?!!

Quote Originally Posted by bittaker View Post
    is this not complete?
    It makes sense, as Joe mentions, that the other part was ripped off. Perhaps it was kept by the camp guard to show that the pass had been issued. Probably thrown away once the visitor left the area. What you have is likely to be the half worn by the visitor.

I agree Jo. So we now have the day badges, the enamel plaques, these paper passes and the badges with the stamped serial numbers that you had under the magnifier. Something will have to give between those last two and it's not looking good for the very last one. That will need a very good, very plausible explanation now that this paper pass has turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by bittaker View Post
    is this not complete?
    No, it has been "ripped" like movie tickets, RPT tickets.. obviously the ripped off part would have contained the same number, one half goes into the box, the other gets worn - and taken home if the person is interested.

Garry, i have that "stamped one" still, and am sure that it`s not original, i just dont have the time to put any more study into it to "show" just yet. It is only my very long list of things to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Rivett View Post
    Garry, i have that "stamped one" still, and am sure that it`s not original, i just dont have the time to put any more study into it to "show" just yet. It is only my very long list of things to get done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast