HJ flag and question about its flag numbering

P

peterB

Hi

I have this flag and want to do some research about its numbering. I have read the starter page https://www.hj-research.com/forum/f69/read-first-230/ and deduce that the first number 11/132 means that it belongs to the Bann 132 Soest-Lippstad.

So what I do not understand is what the second set of numbers mean, the 1/837. In my brief searching of this site and various other sites I have not seen an example of a flag with a second set of numbers. Could it be referencing a unit structure below 11/132? I am starting out on this topic, so please be gentle if it is obvious and point me in the right direction please.

Whilst I am here, there are some holes in the material (shown at the the right of the photo showing close-up of the numbers). I am worried about these getting worse and want to reinforce it somehow so it does not damage further. Anyone got any tips of how to do this without ruining the authenticity?

Peter

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I would not do anything to try to repair or reinforce the flag personally. I would leave it as is. A very interesting flag. I've not seen an H.J. Gefolgschaftsfahne with more than one canton panel. I have seen this many times on S.A. flags but never on an H.J. example. S.A. units were renumbered and reorganized many times and often the canton panels were left on as new panels were added. This flag is very interesting and would merit a goods hands on inspection for further investigation or comment on the panels from me.

Hi Peter,

We have 12/132 listed which also has the double corner panels. If you go to the flag list and then click on "Link" next to the entry for 12/132 you'll see some info on the second set of numbers :thumb:

Another flag oddity: HJ Gefolgschaft 2/VI/73, flag with Bann 445 MHJ cap tally

Thanks Garry. Your link to 12/132 takes me to my own post, but I found the flag you posted about under the link to Gefolgschaft 2/837 post No 92. Almost it's twin. Thank you.

Back