HJ Trumpet Banner?

Thanks Received
Interested in hearing from the guys about this one. Measures roughly 12 inches wide by 10 inches high, two sided. I've been a long time Luft/NSFK collector, but was never specifically an HJ collector. The photos (probably my poor skills) don't do it justice. Is weathered, has soiling to it in places and is nothing close to perfect, but is overall great condition. Came along with another NSBO flag/banner that was marked to a group in Aachen.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Mmm.. At 12"x10" it is around 50% smaller than a regulation fanfare banner. Can you show a photo of one of the attachment loops please? They appear to be sewn closed which would of course make it impossible to attach the item to an instrument in the usual fashion.

HJ

Hello,
I think it was for a HJ "Schellenbaum". Like on the picture.
Regards
Holzwurm

Attachments

Yes I agree not a correct size for a Fanfare banner. Something else entirely but the materials and construction show potential from the photos posted.

Thank you

Yes, that is correct, the hangers are sewn shut, which is what made me wonder about its use. I was personally comfortable with the material and construction and was good with it being a period piece, but not being a HJ collector, I didn't know what its origins were. The bar it is hanging from also appears to be period as well. I thought maybe it was a decorator of sorts but as you see in the photos, it is double sided. I very much appreciate all your thoughts and comments.

A very nice and rare piece and I also think that it is for the Schellenbaum.
I have not seen a comparable piece and that makes it very interesting. Thanks for pointing.

Back