Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Landjahrlager Lopau pennant (Wimpel)

Sorting through my boxes I came across this old pennant.
    I don't know if it is Hitler Youth or BDM.
    It measures around 12 inches at the broad end.

So before it goes back in the box I thought I'd take a picture of it.

There are some moth nips and it is a little grubby but not a bad piece

All the best
    Doug

Attached Images Attached Images

I'd like to see more focused close ups of the wording. Interesting pennant for a Landjahr camp event or location.

I like this one a lot. The location of the Landjahrlager, Lopau, was part of Landkreis Uelzen at that time which was definitely an area where Landjahr kids were deployed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    I'd like to see more focused close ups of the wording. Interesting pennant for a Landjahr camp event or location.
    Whoops! okay no problem. I have packed it away again but I'll dig it out when I have a bit of daylight and get some better close ups of the lettering.
    From what I saw it was pretty much the same as most of the others I have seen on the site.

All the best
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    I like this one a lot. The location of the Landjahrlager, Lopau, was part of Landkreis Uelzen at that time which was definitely an area where Landjahr kids were deployed.
    That is a bit of interesting information Garry.
    This pennant came in a bundle of British Vet trophies.
    If I am correct I am sure Uelzen is up in North Germany where our lads ended up.

All the best
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by saracen View Post
    That is a bit of interesting information Garry.
    This pennant came in a bundle of British Vet trophies.
    If I am correct I am sure Uelzen is up in North Germany where our lads ended up.

All the best
    Doug
    Indeed it was Lopau was evacuated in the 80s when it became part of the military training area so I must have been near it a few times over the years whilst on one exercise or another.

Brilliant Garry,
    I did check on Google maps and yes you are right.
    I knew the name was familiar so it was at the far Eastern end of Soltau so like you I must have called in for a few beers in my time.
    All the best
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Here you go:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you for the additional photos. It looks like a nice and unique example to me. I like this pennant.

I like it too. The gold letters for Lopau are strange or? Maybe because of the presence in Lopau of Gauleiter Telchow who received 40 hectares of land and a large farm as a present in 1942 (see wiki page on Lopau)? Just a theory though and a strange one too so forgive me my speculation :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast