Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for uploading the photo Toni. The man on the left seems too tall to be Schirach in my opinion. Is the photo annotated?

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Thanks for uploading the photo Toni. The man on the left seems too tall to be Schirach in my opinion. Is the photo annotated?
    no, it is not. but I am actually getting hold of the original - I will scan it in beginning of next week. We should be able to see more detail then.

Cheers,

Toni

This chap would have been 15 when Bannführer Antoni was promoted.

https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f35...t-antoni-3516/

We don't know how old Bannführer Antoni was in 1939 but if he was say, 35, it's possible that this is his son...?

Edit: not "promoted" but rather assigned to the Grenz- u. Auslandsabteilung in Gebiet 3

Please login to view user info
    If this is a coincidence it must be a big one.Two Antoni could (must?) mean a connection

I found more on Helmut Antoni so here is a short biography:

Helmut Friedrich Antoni
    Born: 24.1 1914 in Berlin
    Joined NSDAP 1.9.1934 (membership number 1903424)
    Joined the Hitler Youth in 1932.

HJ career in Berlin:

1932: Kameradschaftsführer
    1933/4: Scharführer, Gefolgschaftsführer and then Unterbannführer.
    Aug 1934 - Sept 1936: liaison officer on the staff of Gebiet Berlin (liaising between HJ Gebiet Berlin and NSDAP-Gauleitung Berlin). 1934 - Official visit on behalf of the RJF to Flanders (Belgisch-Flandern).
    Oct 1936-Oct 1938: Wehrmacht and also Oberbannführer in the RJF Auslands- und Volkstumsamt where he was the K-Leiter of Hauptabteilung II (Auslandsdeutsche Jugend). As mentioned in post #5, he was also appointed as provisional head (K-Leiter) of the Grenz- und Auslandsabteilung of HJ Gebiet 3 Berlin on the 1st of November 1938
    1939: Published the book "Bekenntnisse eines deutschen Heiden".
    March 1942:
    appointed as HJ Liaison Officer within the Auslandsorganisation der NSDAP.
    July 1942: awarded KVK II without swords. Was also a holder of the HJ Honour Badge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12