Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    some very nice items mate,..i love the BDM Ausweis & the mini pennant

si

Not a fan of the Studentenbund knife, otherwise nice

Thanks everybody for the kind words on my photo. I left out two of my favorite pieces; my Flak Helper cap, and my HJ/DJ cigarette card book. But for the most part this is my collection. There are about 6 armbands in the stack, and yes, I realize the Studentenbund knife is controversial, but I had to include it anyway. If for no other reason than the conversation. The GI bring back banner is a recent acquisition, and I thought it made a nice back drop. The NSDAP armband is simply there becase it belonged to the young man with the ID next to it. A young man that was obviously indoctrinated at an early age. Anyway, thanks again for the kind words, and I will post again with the full collection, hopefully larger next time.
    IMG_3647.jpg
    IMG_3649.jpg
    IMG_3650.jpg

A nice start ,como!
    and thanks to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Como View Post
    and yes, I realize the Studentenbund knife is controversial,
    Correct me if i am wrong, but it is not "controversial", there was simply never such a knife!
    Cheers

the photo of the flakmutze & cigarette card book is cool.i got it as my desktop background,.great items

si

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Rivett View Post
    it is not "controversial", there was simply never such a knife!
    As Jo says!! I have never seen mentioned or noted in the Verordnungsblatt der Reichsstudentenführung
    a Studentenbund-knife being included. For "disputes" they had other ways, haha!

img507.jpg

Told you it would start a conversation...

Never let it be said that I don't attempt to make peace when it comes to photographs of HJ collections.

Here is an updated pic WITHOUT the "studentenbund" knife...let's just pretend it was never in the photo and all be friends.

The lapel pins are in sequential order from 1936 to 1939. One of the HJ knives is a motto, the other has no motto.

IMG_3651x.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast