1933 November FESTABZEICHEN worn by HJ

Thanks Received
Mike from Authentic Militaria sent me this photo a while ago, showing a HJ lad wearing the 9th November 1933 Festival badge, or Tinnie, for that event.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

The tinnie is well documented in period literature for what it was, the Festabzeichen, or event badge, for the celebrations on that day. YET..... many dealers still somehow like to try and presuade younger collectors that it was NOT A TINNIE, and was in fact the "first Blood Order:pound:", an "Errinerungsabzeichen:pound:" or some other high-end award with it`s "purpose not clear:pound:" ANYTHING TO MAKE A BUCK :sad:
All total crap of course, and it was nothing more than your common, garden variety TINNIE, found in abundance and should be worth no more than €30-50.-.

Here are some rediculous outtakes from around the net. Let`s have a good laugh... shall you?

Image credits: Authentic Militaria: JimmyL: Parteiabzeichen Archive

Attachments

Nice one Jo :thumb:

Here's a pic from my bag of photos showing a young chap wearing his "Blood Order". I'm assuming he got his for being a sperm in the ballsack of his SA father on the day:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
"...it`s a 40 year old that has progeria"
"He must have stolen his father`s pre-Blood Order - Blood Order"
"Clearly photoshoped"
"Post-war photo"
"I generally don`t believe anything that comes from the HJ Research forum"
"Next thing he`ll say is that it`s fake"
"Is he saying that this high-end award never exsisted?"
....."$500 is a steal, I paid much more for mine back in 1962 at the Bend `n Buy Show."

Attachments

More madness, from the Veteran`s Foot Locker:
Unofficial award to commemorate the Munich Putch in 1923. Bestowed by the Munich Gau in 1933. Was worn on the left breast. Never gained official status, and was soon replaced by the Blood Order.

LINK
VeteransFootlocker.com Catalog

Attachments

Criminal that is... I know that you already know this Jo Rivett but for anyone who doesn't:

Völkischer Beobachter 1938 showing that this badge was nothing more than a simple day badge:

Someone should send the dealers that pic. Oh wait though... they don't give a s##t do they..

Attachments

Last edited:
Back