1936 Olympic Dagger: Packaging Analysis

The font on the remaining packets in post #16 is Bernard MT Condensed. This font has origins dating back to the 20's or earlier (Bernhard-Antiqua 1911), although I believe this particular version is the one distributed by Microsoft since the late 90's.

The typographer Lucien Berhard was Jewish born as Emil Kahn. He migrated to the United States in 1923. I am not sure what the NSDAP attitude towards Art Nouveau was, but a font of that style does not seem like something you'd find on a knife to inspire the youth.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Well you see, with Wittmann and his kind, there is nothing you can do. Even if you prove under a microscope that these packets are modern printed, or photocopied, he still won`t believe you.
I did just this a while ago, and bust the "Fantasy Edelweiss Wehrmacht Packung" toilet paper scam - on video, proved under the microscope that the original Edelweiss paper was very different, and the cover of the fantasy paper was copied, and the original printed with a printing plate.
His reply to this came in his latest video, where he scoffs and sneers at my video, with the retort that the paper simply must be original because "Who would fake toilet paper".

So that is what his reply would be to you if you proved it under the microscope. "Why would someone fake HJ knife bags - scoff scoff-puff-puff on a cuban"

That is the way these self-proclaimed bigwigs work, simply sell anything, invent a fable, and scoff at anyone who dares to say anything different.

The solution is to just keep on going over their heads and exposing the truth for the benifit of others.
Sooner or later new collectors will see this, and the bigwigs will be left on their own with mountains of fantasy WC paper and piles of knife packets :swiss
"To the moon and beyond, Tin Tin, did you bring the WC paper, it will be a long trip. Oh, and a few packets of Cuban`s"

Good work Ludwig :thumb: If there is anyone left with a working account on WAF it might be useful to link this thread over there and on any other appropriate forums. At least that way the bigwigs can't claim ignorance by excusing themselves with "oh, that nasty HJ forum doesn't like dodgy dealers so I never go there and I didn't see that thread"

If there is anyone left with a working account on WAF ....
Since Wittmann`s Table Helper Serge.M has been MOD of the WAF daggers section, people have been expelled left right and center. Posts censored that have anything negative to say about him, and as you pointed out a few months back, deletes a post from a guy just "asking" if he is Wittmann`s helper.
Crazy stuff, I bet many of the older posters have read between the lines; Post anything negative about The Cuban, and you are out on your ear!

Glad that we saved all his sales descriptions and rubbish he has pawned off over the years. Anywhere else this would not have been possible.

Current examples of utter nonsense on offer from "The Cuban"

Attachments

Since Wittmann`s Table Helper Serge.M has been MOD of the WAF daggers section, people have been expelled left right and center. Posts censored that have anything negative to say about him, and as you pointed out a few months back, deletes a post from a guy just "asking" if he is Wittmann`s helper.
Crazy stuff, I bet many of the older posters have read between the lines; Post anything negative about The Cuban, and you are out on your ear!

Glad that we saved all his sales descriptions and rubbish he has pawned off over the years. Anywhere else this would not have been possible.

Current examples of utter nonsense on offer from "The Cuban"

haha "the Cuban" peddling crap again. Put the cigar down Mr Wittmann and think, just for a few seconds, about what you are doing to collecting.

Yes, all one has to do is read the WAF Deutsche Jugend Messer thread to get a taste of how far SergeM is willing to go to protect the unprotectable. By that I mean the knife itself and the dealers who sell it. Sad, sad but he continues to get away with it. A moderator who doesn't care about the truth? No problem, WAF will take you.

Yeah crack, "The Cuban" certainly must roll his own Cubans, with a spinkling of crack in the mix, to come up with the pathetic rape of history that he does.

No insignia in the grip because the Reich could not afford it at the time they were made...

Collectors have had their doubts because of the lack of swastika...

Ha ha ha, Major fails from someone who clearly has no interest in understanding documented fact. Hell, if he can take a clearly printed knife bag, and turn it into the exact opposite of what it is, that tells you what levels he will sink to.

Don`t know about anyone else, but read "between the lines" here...
When last did you ever read "We restored this part and that part.." on his descriptions? You don`t, you ever read MINT! (and a load of invented bollocks sometimes)

I remember when Huston Coates was caught red handed a few years ago on the WAF, restoring an SS dagger, saying nothing and putting a MINT tag on it.
Someone took photos at the show and posted them to WAF, orginal owner who sold him the blade saw them, and posted photos of what it looked like before Coates molested it for profit.
And he was supposed to be head honcho secret Militaria show police and Hunting dagger guru largewig. Laughable how some of the miniwigs came to his defence on that thread.
(does well to go back to these old threads, read WHO is defending or saying what, and see how things have evolved since then with "particular" names cropping up again here and there, related to scams, bad deals, or just eye opening threads.)

In my opinion, the old folk who are still flapping about in the Militaria sales pool are all as bad as each other, and always have been.

Since this piece is on consignment we did not elect to restore the grip, although we can provide this service to the next owner. It can be restored with no sign that is was ever broken at a cost of about $300.00. This repair would certainly increase the overall dagger of the dagger and would pay for itself.

Attachments

Back