3 x Adjutant

Thanks Received
Let me present you my latest find. Two new adjutant badges.

1. Insignia for foreigners (oval form)

2. Adjutant to political leaders (blue one)

The middle one is a "regular" Adjutant. The middle one and the blue one have silver thread.

Edited the description according to the information from Pimpf359. Thank you for that!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Michael,

very nice patches. Especially the blue is very rare.
He does not stand for the adjutant in the staff ( Stab ), but for the adjutant in Political Leaders ( Politischen Leitern ).
The Adjudant for the staff ( Stab ) is embroidered with golden thread.

Best regards Steve

Attachments

A really nice set. Thanks for sharing it. I do recognize the lot from a past auction a few weeks ago.
I am still intrigued by the oval form because I have never see period regulation or photo about this one.

Here is the picture where you can recognize this badge.
Apparently the boy belongs to SS. But also has the DJ 1 boards on it. The picture is not mine but it was offered for sale some time ago.
The price was very high.

Attachments

I think this wolfhook has nothing to do with the adjutants patch!
I have seen other photos from that area with this symbol upon the
collar.
I cannot remember ever having seen an oval patch for the adjutants
symbol being mentioned. Maybe Garry can? Where did you find it to
be for foreigners?

Thank you very much for showing this picture. This oval badge continues to intrigue me.

I have the information that it could be for foreigners from another collector.

The oval patch is featured in the Angolia book Vol. 1 on page 199. Picture enclosed.

Attachments

About the pic in post 6, could it be this collar patch for SS-Adjudant we can see on the pic ?

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Michael (mkholst), maybe. I should check my regulations about this.
I have no time to check if an oval patch was used within other organizations.

Within the HJ no collar-patches are worn. Just the Reichsjugendführer.

Michael: would like to know where the other collector did find this information
about foreign. Foreign HY did not use either collar-patches. Anyway I have
not found this noted in any anouncement, publication or regulation.

Wim: I will ask him.

By looking at the picture from Pimpf and the information that he belonged to the SS combined with the information from mkholst about the SS adjutant collar patch, this makes a lot more sense to me. I have tried to light up the picture to see if the collar patch is oval or square but no chance to see anything.

Hi guys

As I see it, this boy in post 6 is an SS-man, former DJ/HJ (maybe former DJ-leader because of his age – he is definitely over 14 years old).

The only 2 things that make me think HJ/DJ is the HJ Achievement badge on his pocket and the DJ straps. And that is wondering me, this mix of HJ/DJ on an SS uniform. I have often seen an SS man with the HJ Achievement badge and other HJ badges, but it is first time, that I see a pic of an SS man with DJ straps.

The rest of the insignia on his uniform – cap badge, arm eagle and collar patches - is pure SS.
In my eyes the collar patch looks square, and not oval – by the way, I have never seen an oval collar patch.

That was just my "up to date remarks" to this thread.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Michael :denmark

Hello,

DJ (Deutsche Jugend) was the organisation for boys and girls from 10 years to 18 years outside the Reich's borders.

DJ (Deutsches Jungvolk) was the organisation for boys from 10 years to 14 years inside the Reich's borders.

I give this informations because you wrote that the boy on the picture seems to be older than 14. For me, he is even older than 18 and is member of the Selbsschutz. He retains his former DJ (Deutsche Jugend) boards (?).

Best regards

I admit, the picture has some puzzles!
Surely the boy was once with the DJ1 and then went to the SS and has taken over the sports badge and boards.
But why the boards, we will only be able to speculate. Nevertheless, a great picture, which shows the rare boards and sports badges. :popcorn:

Hello,

DJ (Deutsche Jugend) was the organisation for boys and girls from 10 years to 18 years outside the Reich's borders.

DJ (Deutsches Jungvolk) was the organisation for boys from 10 years to 14 years inside the Reich's borders.

I give this informations because you wrote that the boy on the picture seems to be older than 14. For me, he is even older than 18 and is member of the Selbsschutz. He retains his former DJ (Deutsche Jugend) boards (?).

Best regards

Here we have the straps from the Deutsche Jugend.

Attachments

Back