A real HJ camping axe - "Fahrtenbeilchen"

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
This ad is from July 1935 and was in a publication aimed specifically at the HJ. It's a camping axe exclusive to that manufacturer with leather carrying pouch for attachment to the belt. However, no HJ diamond in the handle, no HJ grip plates, no bottle opener/screwdriver/wirecutter/USB port... Just a little axe with wooden grip, axe blade and hammer face designed for camping.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Although the HJ regulated spades, lanterns and many other items of field equipment I have never seen anything that even mentions, let alone regulates, an axe/hammer combo for official use by the Hitler Youth. With that in mind, the ones we see on dealer sites/auction sites etc that have HJ grips and diamond have absolutely no basis in fact and should rightly remain massively suspect.

Attachments

I would think not marked because it would have needed approval for that. I've never seen this type of axe mentioned in any context with the hitler youth and would think that if this were an RZM item that surely we would have heard of it before or seen photos of it being used.

Back