A very special AHS group photo signed by all the boys

Thanks Received
Hello All !
I have this photo which I wanted to share here. Its a group shot of 39 boys who have all signed the back. Really nice piece if history this, to think they all had this photo in front of them at one time and took the time to sign it.
All the boys look to have AHS shoulder boards on but their triangle are still the triangles of each of their districts. Why would this be? Why would they not have AHS triangles on yet?
Thank you for looking

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

close up

Attachments

Really nice photo. Just a theory but this may be a course held at a Reichsfinanzschule. The straps would then be "RFS" as opposed to "AHS" (therefore no need for AHS sleeve triangles). They might be sitting in front of the windows marked on the postcard:

Edit: having said that I don't see the door (behind the guy in the back row, third from left) on any photos of the RFS in Herrsching.

Using a magnifying glass can you definitely see "AHS" on any of the shoulder straps?

Attachments

Last edited:
Really nice photo. Just a theory but this may a course held at the Reichsfinanzschule. The straps would then be "RFS" as opposed to "AHS" (therefore no need for AHS sleeve triangles). They might be sitting in front of the windows marked on the postcard:

Edit: having said that I don't see the door (behind the guy in the back row, third from left) on any photos of the RFS in Herrsching.

Using a magnifying glass can you definitely see "AHS" on any of the shoulder straps?
Thank you for your reply Garry.
I have looked under magnifying glass and on a very high res scan on my computer. You cant make out unfortunately definitely the lettering. It could be RFS also i agree. I will attach some close up scans which might help you make an educated guess :)

Attachments

In colour

Attachments

Really difficult to say one way or the other...

Attachments

Hard to say, but certainly a souvenir photo of a graduating class. For me, the class size (and of course the triangles) would be indications of a Reichsfinanzschule.
With a lot of time and effort, you could look at the pictures of the dozen or so schools to see if you recognise anything about the building.
The fact that almost all of them signed in Antiqua would make me think of 1942 or 1943, certainly not much earlier.

I rule out AHS because it says Ost Berlin on the triangle. Then it can only be RFS.
Nice pic.

Were can i find a list of all the RFS schools in the years 1942&43? Please

And another question, why does one boy on the front row have a drill jacket on?

Back