Badge with a Sieg rune.

Pimpf359

Thanks Received
Does one know this badge? Could possibly be for harvest helpers in the young people.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
I have not seen one like it. You are probably correct about it having to do with the harvest with it having the wheat sheave on it. Do you own it?

Good Morning,

I have not a clue what the badge is for, but can't help myself to express my thoughts: the bunch of wheat is, as far as I know the "Liktorenbuendel" which was used as a sign of the Italian Fascists. The Sigrune is somewhat on its side and the black and red background is also not really fitting into the German HJ. I see that it was made in Germany as the "Gesetzlich Geschuetzt" is on the reverse.

Again, and I apologise as it is usually not my style, I have not a clue and more spoke from my gutts than my head...

Rgds

Daniel

.....I see that it was made in Germanyas the "Gesetzlich Geschuetzt" is on the reverse.
Could be Austrian, could also be Swiss. Both countries (Germany too) still using that term to this day.

Certainly interesting, possibly around the turn of the century. Possibly to do with ernte, erntefest, and the rune will most likely be the ortswappen, there were many places in Germany and Austria that made use of this rune, or slightly adapted in their wappen, for centuries. I can`t see any Youth connection, nor any NSDAP connection at all. I have had a few large badges in this shape from Austria, also just with black and red enamel.

Thank you for your opinions. So it will not be a badge of the youth movement from the Third Reich.

I can`t see anything at all that could link it with the Hitler Youth, or Nazi Germany.

Back