Bann 564 shoulder straps

Thanks Received
Hi there, Any info on these shoulderboards would be great, area where they might be from,and what sleeve patch would go on the shirt with them. How would I attach them to a shirt if it has no epaulets??all replies and info much appreciated, thanks, carol.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi there, Any info on these shoulderboards would be great, area where they might be from,and what sleeve patch would go on the shirt with them. How would I attach them to a shirt if it has no epaulets??all replies and info much appreciated, thanks, carol.

Hello Carol,

Welcome to the forum.
If you want to sew these shoulder straps to your shirt, you have the choice of either attaching a few threads to the edge of the shoulder to put on the tab, or to unpick the existing seam and stitching the whole thing back together.
The first solution is the easiest to achieve.
Concerning the triangle, it is the Gebietsdreieck "Südost Kärnten" which matches.
I hope I answered your questions correctly.

Best Regards
Eric

Thanks to the maker's number 86 and with the help of Wim Saris' book, the maker can be identified as Gebrüder Aurnhammer (strange name, isn't it), Weißenburg from Treuchtlingen in Bavaria, who held the RZM licence continuously between 1934 and 1944.

Hi Carol

Bann 564 is located in the city Villach, which as mentioned by Eric is a part of "Südost Kärnten".

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Thanks to the maker's number 86 and with the help of Wim Saris' book, the maker can be identified as Gebrüder Aurnhammer (strange name, isn't it), Weißenburg from Treuchtlingen in Bavaria, who held the RZM licence continuously between 1934 and 1944.

maybe Auernhammer originally came from Austria,
as Auern is a small village in upper-Austria.
For 564 see my handbook, page 711.

Thank you, Wim. By strange, I meant the missing e in Au(e)rn (you can still find this name in the town today). This absence is most certainly South German or Austrian, you are right. I interpreted the name as such as an owner or employee of a hammer mill (= Hammer) located in a floodplain (= Aue). There is a place in Saxony called Auerhammer too.

Back