BANNFAHNE from Bann 188 HAMBURG GERMANY .

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I have finally obtained a Bannfahne . It took me 25 years but could not pass this one up .

This flag is huge approx 55 inches X 70 inches . The number 188 within the scroll is designated for the area of Hamburg Germany . There are 13 HJ Bannfahne and 9 DJ Bannfahne known to have survived WW2 . Total manfactured if you take in consideration the early pattern scrolls with the later pattern scrolls , the total Bannfahns made would be about 2,580 , with a total of 22 combined HJ and DJ Bannfahnes known in existence , this makes the Bannfahne one of the rarest of all the different styles of Third Reich flags to find ... yet one of the most striking in design . ( Of note , to keep the bottom section from fraying or tearing more than it already has , I will be overlapping the frayed/torn section with a piece of original salvaged red fabric section cut from a regular moth eaten banner and delicately sewing over it with original thread . This measure should preserve it from future damage ) .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Joe,

congratulations for this outstanding collection item. It's always stirring for me to see " HJ Bannfahne or DJ Jungbannfahne " .
Best Regards
Eric

Jeezes Joe,

What a nice find, and indeed if they are so rare, then it becomes even more precious.
Difficult to imagine, that once this flag was part of a parade in the presence of thousends of youngster.
I particurlarly like the part in wich you describe the effort you'll make to preserve it for the futur.
An item most of us can only dream of, of one day owning one. I for one would already be a happy camper to see one from up close.

Mike

I have finally obtained a Bannfahne . It took me 25 years but could not pass this one up .

This flag is huge approx 55 inches X 70 inches . The number 188 within the scroll is designated for the area of Hamburg Germany . There are 13 HJ Bannfahne and 9 DJ Bannfahne known to have survived WW2 . Total manfactured if you take in consideration the early pattern scrolls with the later pattern scrolls , the total Bannfahns made would be about 2,580 , with a total of 22 combined HJ and DJ Bannfahnes known in existence , this makes the Bannfahne one of the rarest of all the different styles of Third Reich flags to find ... yet one of the most striking in design . ( Of note , to keep the bottom section from fraying or tearing more than it already has , I will be overlapping the frayed/torn section with a piece of original salvaged red fabric section cut from a regular moth eaten banner and delicately sewing over it with original thread . This measure should preserve it from future damage ) .

Wow Holy Cow, that's Nice.

Back