BDM AHS

bertl59

Thanks Received
Hi all ,
it is known that there were female AHS schools but I had never seen photo documents only triangles of arms.
Here is a pennant, the seller claims that the "AHS" is embroidered in chain stitch (as it should be) but that is not what I see.
In addition, the embroidery is only on one side, which is not at all common.
What do you think ?
thank you

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Bertrand,

I've never heard of that. Do you know what locations these are supposed to have been for girls or what literature mentions them?
I only know of NPEA for girls with 3 resp. 4 main locations, if you count the Reichsschule Heythuysen/NL.
The others are: Hubertendorf-Türnitz/Niederösterreich - first one, Achern/Baden, Colmar-Berg/Luxemburg.

Last edited:
Yes , you re right Jack , they wasn t AHS school but NPEA ! I was so focused on this strange WIMPEL that I lost myself
Thank you for the correction !
Your remark also gives the answer on the authenticity of the piece

Ah, all right, thank you, Bertrand.
Who actually associated the pennant with the BDM/girls?
To me, the letters look somehow imitated. The height of A and H should also be the same, right?

Yes , you re right too Jack , the seller is ADM militaria

Sometimes I'm really glad I'm not a collector of these things. So many pitfalls lurking there....
In this case, even I would be very sceptical. The letters should certainly be of the same type. And the A reminds me more of old Church Slavonic than of a Tannenberg or other Fraktur ;).

Back