BDM and Jungvolk kids with their mother

Thanks Received
I just received these 2 photos, I think they are really nice and they are postcard size so you can actually see something instead of the camera pictures from those days. The mother doesn´t look happy at all, is she worrying about the war or is she oppose the nazis and worried that her kids joined the HJ? The girl looks neutral but the boy looks real proud of being in the Jungvolk.
The Gebietsdreieck reads West Ruhr-Niederrhein. Now I want to find a sleeve badge to match. Thanks for looking :yo:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I wouldn't read too much into the mother's facial expression. Partly long working hours, the whole household; the problem of keeping a whole family fed (especially in the early 1930s hunger was a frequent guest in many homes of the lower classes) etc. etched deep and uncheerful traces in many faces. So this was nothing rare.
I would only bring other interpretations if one knows concrete things about the people depicted.

And you have to remember one thing: going to the photographer was still something very special that you didn't do very often. It was a serious matter, and that's why people generally looked serious, appropriate to their "dignity", when they took official family photos. Today, of course, it's quite different, with the hundreds/thousands/even more pictures that are taken every year.

Yes you´re right, could be so many things, all of them you mention and/or something else.

Back