BDM Gebietsdreieck Ost Mark Brandenburg

Thanks Received
I was lucky to get another scarce to find district sleeve triangle by the help of one of our members here. For years I seeked on the market ... but I could never find a "Ost Mark Brandenburg" offered on a website. The district Brandenburg - the former designation for short time was "Kurmark" - surrounds the city of Berlin . This area had a big number of HJ members but today we can´t find many area triangles from this region. The capital of Brandenburg is Potsdam the center of Prussia´s military eductaion and military glory. A lot military garrisons and military schools once were placed here among them The NPEA Potsdam and the "Reichsführerschule" ( HJ leader´s school ) that I have attached for you here with a period photo and a further picture that shows the school as it looks today. For those who like to go on research and to figure out much more intersting information about the HJ in Brandenburg ( Kurmark ) I ´d like to offer you a link that leads directly to the HJ archives : Hitlerjugend Gau Berlin-Brandenburg - Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek Unfortunately I couldn´t figure out some information about to how many members the triangles Brandenburg and Kurmark were issued. Potsdam also has been the location of the Reichsfuhrerinnenschule of the BDM placed in another beautiful villa.

The designation Kurmark of Kurhessen that you can still find on some district sleeve triangles has a direct reference to the former head of state when Germany was ruled by kings and dukes , the so-called Kurfürst . Kurfürst = electoral prince , Kurmark = territory of a prince , Mark Brandenburg = territory of the prince of Brandenburg

If you know further or different variations of the "Ost Mark Brandenburg" district sleeve triangle I would be grateful for your posts.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

... and another portrait from my collection displaying well the Ost Mark Brandenburg triangle

Attachments

Thank you Chlodwig for this presentation. very nice triangle

You´re welcome bertl59 ! This was my last purchase and I was glad to have got the little picture.

The Ost Mark Brandenburg sleeve triangle is not often found in photos from that time. I've found another one for you on the internet. It's hardly possible to get a triangle of this kind for your collection from well-known dealers. From time to time one turns up - but it's already sold on the same day.

Attachments

Thank you for this lovely post.

Merci pour ce joli billet.

Back