Data on HJ knife with SAC on the diamond?

Thanks Received
Hi. This knife is from the youth? because the diamond says SAC.

regards

:help:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Post War fantasy piece scabbard is bad knife could possibly have some good old parts but not the blade or diamond

I agree B-Rad. What could "SAC" possibly stand for is what I'm asking myself. Rings no bells whatsoever...

data from another forum:

Many thanks to member Anderson over on WRF we have valuable info on this type of youth knife

Quote Anderson.

That is an interesting one. I would say it is a knife for the youth division of Sveriges Arbetares Centralorganisation (SAC) which was a radical Swedish workers labour organisation. It was founded in 1910 and grew rapidly in the 1920's and 1930's. It is known that between 1930-1955 they had their own youth organisation. And it is this youth organisation of SAC that I believe this knife was made for. It is marked "Solingen" and I think we can believe that. The style is clearly influenced by the German HJ knife, though not identical. I would say a Solingen maker has made this under contract, probably in early 1930's. The use of "Solingen" as the sole export mark in post WW1 period is also known on export knives. Note also the runic "A" in SAC, another clue to Nordic connection.

Thanks faraonlp. That is the kind of organisation that Adolf's Germany would have banned so odd that a factory within the Reich could have got away with fulfilling orders for unionists. Then again, Sweden was neutral so perhaps a blind eye was turned as long as foreign capital was coming in. Dunno...

Back