Deutsche Jugend Ungarn

Thanks Received
Here are some photos of a badge coming to auction (rathbons). What are some opinions on it?
Mike

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Looks cast to me. I don't see a sheared edge and the overall quality is very rough.

I see that someone on WAF reckons the badge is okay but it really does look as rough as hell doesn't it... I have no experience with these badges but after looking at sheared edges for so long on Jo's videos these, or rather the lack of any, really sticks out here. I wonder if Jo has seen this thread. Would love to hear his thoughts on the badge.

I see that someone on WAF reckons the badge is okay but it really does look as rough as hell doesn't it... I have no experience with these badges but after looking at sheared edges for so long on Jo's videos these, or rather the lack of any, really sticks out here. I wonder if Jo has seen this thread. Would love to hear his thoughts on the badge.

Gary, the badge has sold $2316 USD , as I said in a previous post ► rare does not always mean valuable & valuable does not always mean rare JMHO.
Mike

Did they list it like that on the auction, all blurred? Pins not cast into the badge, it`s normal, two extra bits of metal have been crimped over to hold it in place.
Looks OK to me. But why so expensive? This badge was listed and sold at Thies auctions in 2016. Here are better images of the obverse.

Attachments

Yes, desirable badge as you say but way too expensive. The difference in quality though when compared to that awful-looking Deutsche Jugend badge..

Back