Did the HJ have any Fitness Requirements?

Thanks Received
hello everyone! i am wondering if the HJ had any fitness requirements to join. and also what they had to do every morning such as when did they shower, when they woke up, etc.

will be very grateful for all of the help, many thanks!

Yes, they had to pass a physical examination prior to becoming members.

The Hitler Youth were civilians of course and went to school, to jobs etc. The fathers and mothers of the younger ones would have decided when to get them up and washed. Things were more regimented during summer camps and other such activities where there were specific times for everything. If that is what you are more interested in I could dig out information on that. I'm sure other members could too.

True. There were also aptitude tests for everything. Fitness for duty (Diensttauglichkeit), fitness for camp (Lagertauglichkeit), etc., i.e. examinations carried out by a doctor.
Showers, by the way, were a luxury, normally washing at a sink or under a pump with a handle, which a buddy was kind enough to operate (or you yourself, if you were quick).

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Yes, they had to pass a physical examination prior to becoming members.

The Hitler Youth were civilians of course and went to school, to jobs etc. The fathers and mothers of the younger ones would have decided when to get them up and washed. Things were more regimented during summer camps and other such activities where there were specific times for everything. If that is what you are more interested in I could dig out information on that. I'm sure other members could too.
would be great if you could dig up some more info! i am wondering what the fitness requirements were, how the HJ trained, exercised, and how the hygiene was.

Might be easier if you said what you've already found out. This a large subject.

Might be easier if you said what you've already found out. This a large subject.
well sadly i dont know much but I do know they camped, fished, marched and exercised. that is really about it but im wondering what exercises they mostly did and such

Back